Silver Kills Bacteria

BabyVirtually anyone reading this probably had a drop of silver nitrate dropped into their eyes after birth, which became standard practice at the end of the 19th century to prevent blindness, in the event that the mother had a venereal disease.

During the 14th century in Europe about 25% of the total population died from the Bubonic Plague which swept the continent. Only the Gypsies seemed to be immune from the ravages due to their practices of using small amounts of ground-up silver in their veins.

Silver kills bacteria, viruses, fungi, yeast and mold. Silver is a powerful natural anti-biotic and was used to prevent and treat infections in the late 19th and early 20th century for a variety of ailments. However in the early 1940’s the medical profession turned its attention to pharmaceuticals drugs and ant-biotics.

Silver is an important trace mineral and minute particles were found in soil before it became depleted by overuse and now the only way to get silver one needs is in liquid form. There has never been a reported allergic or toxic reaction. Excess silver may be deposited in the skin and tissue and can cause discoloration.